Airhead

I was talking to an artisan friend in the tourist area. A young tourist walked past, wearing a pair of Airpods; tall, tousled blonde hair, wearing a red sleeveless sweat top, shorts, looked a bit like the actor in Blue Lagoon. 


He stopped about three meters from us to read the menu pinned outside the Japanese restaurant. I said to my friend, who is only a tolerated friend, 'See that guy? He's microwaving his brain with those Airpods. There goes our future."

I rabbited on a bit more about how I can't believe people wear those brain-frying headphones, especially the young, who should know better, and added, 'I wonder if he can hear us?'

In a hot flash, which I never got coz menopause came and went like a thief in the night, Airhead strode over and said, 'Yes, I can hear you!'

I asked him if he knew that his headphones were messing with his brain and that he was probably vaccinated, too. His reply, ignoring the info I had shared about the Airpods, was, 'These Airpods allow me to listen to great music and I learn from this music'. He kept banging on about this, insinuating big time that I was clearly not educated because I didn't understand the great knowledge that comes from listening to music with Airpods. He was serious. I asked what he was listening to; some 'great rapper', Sim, I think he said; SIMple, like him, with his SIM card brain thrown in.

I said, 'Well, you clearly haven't learned much coz you got jabbed'.

He bristled and spat out, 'Yes, I am jabbed because I care! Clearly you don't!'

I was rolling my three eyes and shaking my head in disbelief. He continued, 'And I'll have you know that both my parents are doctors!!!'

I replied, 'That means nothing these days!'

He got really angry and offensive and accused me of being the usual keyboard warrior who knows bugger all. My three eyes were rolling so much that I got dizzy.

Coz he'd heard me say, 'There goes our future', when he'd first walked past, he started banging on about how all his family and mates got jabbed and I knew nothing; repeating that BOTH his parents are doctors!!

Like, whatever, I said, they are clearly not good doctors and you done gone messed up your immune system for life. I added that, if he's a Tinderer, he should let potential cheap lays know that he is polluted with the poison.

He hurled some more insults at me, that I was dumb, just a keyboard warrior who got my info off YouTube and to give him proof! 'You can't give me proof! You know nothing!', he roared.

I replied, 'Boy! I ain't wasting any more time on you! Good luck! Any family you make in the future is gonna have low immune system problems, plus all the rest' and walked off.

This is your future. 

Comments