Mind Over Matter

Went down the ladder

To begin the day

Cleaned up dog mess

Raked away

Forced my mind 

To be positive

I've come this far

The 13 years

Have been hard

A lonely road

This destruction is

Only myself knows

How terrible it's been

But I kept my joy going

That basic trait

That created a beautiful life

Until I made the mistake

Of falling in love

With a man who faked his

He was just having fun

Whilst laughing at me

I once asked him

Why did you destroy me

Why not a blueprinter

But no

You chose Bead

Who'd come so far

When I'd gotten out of that car

At the boatyard gate

Sealing my fate

All those years 

Lived so sweetly

Completely

Saving every yen

To wind up in a pen

Stay positive, Bead

You are strong

There are very few

Who could survive this long

Stay strong, Bead

Get the fire going

Tear open

That sachet of coffee

Got some small potatoes

Will fry them with garlic

And a stash of noodles

Stay positive, Bead

Get that fire going

Maybe tomorrow

There will be an email to read

From the agency

Who is ghosting me

If only integrity

Was a common thing

Stay positive, Bead

Swap the churns for some food

Take it easy

Don't fill your head with doom

You've come this far

Stuck in a tiny space

No travel

No cheese

No interesting days

But still have a smile on my face

Stay positive, Bead 

Your survival skills

Are strong as hell



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 Years On